CATCH THE BUTTERFLY
- A wine case with a sliding cover, this one here is for three bottles!
- Cardboard (a 50x65 cm sheet will be just fine) for the background and four rectangles to lift up the back
- Offwhite paper, such as Canson©
- Butterflies you can download here, these are illustrations from the book‘Papillons d’Europe et du Monde’ (Butterflies of Europe and the World) from the Place des Victoires publisher
- A metal ruler and a scalpel,
- Glue from a green tube,
- Black paint and a brush,
- Gummed Kraft paper tape and masking tape, or painter’s tape.
Start by cutting the back of the box out of cardboard. Mark the measurements using the cover minus the centimeters corresponding to the parts that are in the cover’s groove once the box is closed, count approximately 1,5 cm less lengthwise.
Take the gummed Kraft tape and wet it all over using a sponge and glue it on the edge of the box, hiding the little notches. Do the same on the four other sides.