VOYAGE VOYAGE : PRINCESSE TAM TAM X WEAR LEMONADE[:]
- One piece palm pattern bathing suit,
- Polka-dotted shirt dress,
- Two piece sailor striped top,
- Palm t-shirt,
- Polka-dotted shorts,
- Palm babydoll top,
- Round towel,
- And three little panties,
6 COLORFUL RECIPES FOR LEMONY KIWI ADDICTS[:]
- Kiwi Cod Ceviche
- Golden Lunch Bowl
- Golden Kiwi Smoothie
- Japanese Pearls
- Gold Energy Bowl
- Golden Coast Ice Cream
OPEN HOUSE AND WORKSHOP![:]
A big thank you to all our partners:
PAPER MINT - FARROW AND BALL - DECORASOL - LA GRANDE SERRE
MADE.COM - A.BSOLUMENT VINTAGE RADIOS - MY TROOPERSTranslated by Whitney Bolin[:]
HOW TO SEW FIONA OVERALLS[:]
- You can find the pattern here, and the PDF version is available in your subscription center!
- You’ll need 2m80 of fabric from a bolt 1m40 wide for the largest size or 3m of fabric from a bolt 1m10 wide for the biggest size.
- I suggest using fairly thick, stiff fabric. Corduroy, denim, plaid or even upholstery canvas!
- You’ll need 2 nice buttons
- 1 small button, or a snap or a pants hook and eye for the back belt!
- 1 pants zipper, 22cm long
- 3 episodes of your favorite series!
SPRING, HERE WE GO[:]
- Thin white Canson paper
- White tissue paper
- White crepe paper (to make life-like irises)
- A felt marker
- Thick white wire
- Wooden beads
- Scotch glue, from a green tube
GOOD PEOPLE : OSCHON AND THE PRINT VAN PARIS[:]
- ‘Guidance Counselor’ Question: Can you tell us about your career?
After getting my high school diploma in Switzerland, I started my bachelor’s degree in graphic design at the London College of Communication. I loved the different workshops that the school offered: letterpress, bookbinding, lino cut, engraving, and especially a screen printing workshop where I spent most of my time.
- ‘Juggling’ question: As a graphic designer for brands today and especially as a self-employed person, how do you balance all your projects while expanding your business?
- ‘Career Change’ Question: What made you want to start Print Van Paris? And why in an ice cream truck?
When I was in London, I often when to have lunch at Captain Corellis, an amazing brasserie-type restaurant, “Godfather” style, in the south of London. It has a very Sicilian feel to it; they serve huge, delicious meals and the owner looks like a real mobster. There were always lots of ice cream trucks around the place. I loved their different colors, models, designs, etc.
- ‘Globe Trotter’: Between the United States, Switzerland, England and France, what made you decide to settle down in Paris?
- ‘What’s Next’ Question: Today, Print Van Paris is a screen printing shop on wheels, in a beautiful truck, with quite a few special projects with different brands. What’s your next step? Renovating a vintage printing shop?
- ‘Master Yoda’ Question: What are three pieces of advice for someone wanting to change careers and start their own business, in the art field?
- Put some love and passion into it !
- Don’t neglect the business side of things. To make an art project work, you have to know how to handle money.
- Don’t mix up your hobby and career.
- ‘Gourou’ Question: Who inspired you to screen print? Is there someone that you look up to?
- “In Search of Lost Time” Question: What is your first memory of color?
- ‘Throwback’ Question: What did you dream of doing when you were little?
QUICK MIMOSA EMBROIDERY DIY[:]
- An embroidery hoop
- A sailor top or any other shirt
- Green embroidery thread
- Yellow thread
- Mini childrens’ pompoms, ours come from Rougier & Plé
- A pen that erases with heat!
HAPPY BEE FRIDAY
I’m wearing the sienna-colored Ada skirt, size medium, a “Bee My Baby” t-shirt, size medium (we’re getting more reprinted too), a mustard colored Thallula kimono, size M, and a DIY bandana that I’ll tell you more about later!
Photos @Olitax <3
Translated by Whitney Bolin[:]
MIMOSA ANGEL CAKE[:]
- 100 g of four
- 50 g of Maizena
- 6 eggs
- 130 g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla flavored sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200g high quality butter
- 400g powdered sugar
- 60ml f milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
See you tomorrow for a new chapter on nice people! Can’t wait to share it with you...
Translated by Whitney Bolin.[:]
DIY PAPER BEE[:]
- The patterns, download here,
- Thick, colored paper (we used some from Clairefontaine),
- Scotch glue, in the green tube
- A small ruler
- An exacto knife
- A pair of scissors.
BEE MY BABY WEEK
HOW DO YOU SEW THE ADA SKIRT?[:]
- The pattern is here, and since yesterday, the pdf version is available in your customer space online. Would you like a newsletter to let you know as soon as a pattern is online?
- You’ll need 1m85 of fabric from a bolt 1m40 wide to make the biggest size, or 2m of fabric from a bolt 1m10 wide to make the biggest size,
- I suggest using a fairly thick fabric, that holds it’s shape, like corduroy or denim, or even upholstery fabric like we did,
- You’ll also need 7 lovely buttons or 7 snaps, 20 mm wide,
- 1 m of elastic cord 0.75 mm wide,
- Attention to detail: the pockets are a little bit tricky, but it’s worth it!